Any skin disorder that is very apparent can prove extremely embarrassing and a trying experience for the sufferer. Everyone who is prone to develop acne would love to know a dozen effective ways to prevent it in the first place. Who wouldn’t want to save face and another month or longer worth of painful self-consciousness? I have listed a number of practical ways to prevent another acne breakout from embarrassing you, and if despite your honest efforts acne still rears its ugly head, I also suggested a few effective steps for treating acne, naturally.
Acne Prevention Tips
- Use a honey mask on a weekly basis. Honey is considered as a disinfectant and a great way for healing pimples. It can also kill bacteria found in your skin.
- Cut your hair short if it’s long. Hair has oil. When you are moving, dust particles often culminate in your hair, and as your hair touches your face, neck, or forehead, it can provoke acne or worsen an affected area.
- Take a powerful multi-vitamin twice every day; the biggest organ—your skin
—requires proper nutrients to stay healthy.
- Take vitamin A daily. It both protects your skin and prevents acne. Plus, vitamin A reduces sebum production.
- Avoid over washing and rubbing or scrubbing your skin excessively. Acne is not caused by not washing or by having dirty skin.
- Some people, especially students, have claimed that their acne grows worse when experiencing stressful situations. Advise: if it’s in your power, cut down on stress.
- Drink 8 glasses of water everyday. Water helps to clean and hydrate the skin.
- Avoid alcohol-based creams and lotions.
- Either change or wash your pillowcase everyday.
- Eat food rich in zinc. A deficiency in zinc may cause acne breakouts.
- Add a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables to your daily diet.
- When you are undergoing much stress, breathe deeply. It has been discovered that there exists a direct connection between acne and stress.
- Exercise regularly, for it helps your blood to circulate and to remove toxins.
- Eat a well-balanced diet to reduce the reoccurrence of acne.
- Choose your cosmetics very carefully. Sometimes what you wear to disguise acne can actually turn out to be the root cause of a skin disorder.
Acne Home Remedy Tips
- Put ripe tomato pulp on your pimples, and keep them there for as long as one hour. Next, wash the treated areas.
- Apply the juice of raw papaya on your swelling pimples.
- On and around your pimples apply fresh garlic. Pimples will fade away when this treatment is used regularly, not leaving a mark.
- Drink wheatgrass juice; it can remove acne.
- Create a paste from orange peel by grinding the peel in water. Then, apply this paste on and around your pimples.