How to Gain Weight ?
People—especially those who are very thin for their frame, age, and height—are learning how gain weight. For them, this weight gain would indicate that they are doing something to improve not just their physical built but their health as well.
Aside from being an indicator of good health, fitness, and eating a well balanced diet, weight gain would also serves an indicator for a person’s overall improvement in his or her outlook in life. Although in most cases, weight gain is an indicator of good health, it can also serve as an indicator if negligence especially if there are signs of obesity.
Experts say that there are basically two reasons why people are learning how to gain weight. One is to achieve a fit and fabulous perfect for bodybuilding contests and other fitness events and the other is for health reasons. Today, more and more studies show that people are into weight gain because they want to ensure that they will have good health as they grow older.
If you want to learn how to gain weight, there are so many resource materials that you can use. If you are knowledgeable about fitness, you can even do it on your own.
All you have to do is research for information that you can use. These pieces of information will serve as your guide. But, if you don’t have time to research and monitor the activities and set of diet that you need to do to be able to gain weight, you can enroll in various fitness centers that offers program for those who want to increase their weight.
The following are just some of the helpful tips that you can use if you are learning how to gain weight:
- Make sure that you eat foods that are nutritious and those that have high calorie content. Experts say that this is the most basic lesson people who are looking forward to weight gain should take note of.
- This is because foods—especially those that are high in calories such as breads that have whole grains, high in fiber such as potatoes and other vegetables, fruits that are high in fat content such as avocado, nuts that contain fats like kidney beans, meats that are lean, and poultry products as well fish and other seafood.
- Eat more often. Aside from knowing what are the foods that you should be eating, you should be very well aware of your meal schedule. Since gaining weight requires more calories and other nutrients for muscle formation, make sure that you increase the value of your meals to gain more calories. Aside from the foods that you should be eating for your main meals, try to add ingredients to the foods that you are eating.
- Don’t skip meals. Since you are tying to gain some more weight, it is a no-no that you skip any meal because your body will use up your reserved fats. Make sure that you have a timetable for so you will eat on time. (TIP: The ideal meal schedule is at least three heavy meals and two snacks for the day. If you are planning to gain more weight, you can double the amount during meals but make sure that you stick to your schedule.
- Be consistent. Just like in losing weight, people who are learning how to gain weight should bear in mind that they have to be consistent in their meal schedules. Once you have your own program in gaining weight, make sure that you follow it religiously so you can achieve your desired weight.